Municipality of Icod de los Vinos
Where is the oldest dragon tree in Tenerife?
- The oldest dragon tree in Tenerife is found in the town of Icod de los Vinos.
- The tree, known as The Millennial Dragon Tree, has an estimated age between 700 and 1000 years.
- It is considered a symbol of the island and a popular tourist attraction of the Drago Park.
- It is a huge specimen of dragon tree (Dracaena draco).
- The tree was declared a National Monument in 1917 and is protected.
- The tree has appeared in various literary and artistic works.
- It is currently the largest and longest-lived known in the world of its kind.
We want the information to be what you were looking for. This wonderful municipality in the north of the island of Tenerife, has been awarded the Magic Town of the Year 2023. So do not miss the opportunity to visit it one day and put it on your visit list if you come on vacation to the island.
Where is the oldest dragon tree in Tenerife? In an area with a lot of history.
Where is the oldest dragon tree in Tenerife? Remember what you must do if you go to Icod de los Vinos.
If you visit this magical town of Tenerife, remember to comply with the rules of the authorities. Look at them on the official pages. Do not damage the spaces you see and do not leave traces of garbage.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
On our channel, you will be able to see different amateur videos from corners of the island of Tenerife.
Small video with images of the Millenary Drago.
We are sure that you will spend a pleasant vacation on the island, as it offers a wide variety of attractions such as beaches, forests, activities, history and much more. Do not hesitate to plan your vacation on the island, as it has everything you are looking for.