Municipality of Icod de los Vinos
How old is the drago tree in Icod?
- It is estimated that the Icod dragon tree, also known as the Millenary Dragon Tree, is between 800 and 1000 years old.
- The exact age of the tree is unknown, since there are no records or documents that can confirm its age.
- The tree is considered one of the oldest living organisms in the world.
- It has survived volcanic eruptions, fires and centuries of human activity.
- The tree is considered a symbol of Tenerife and is a popular tourist attraction that attracts thousands of visitors every year.
- The tree has inspired many legends and stories, including one that claims that the tree was the meeting place of the Guanches, the original inhabitants of Tenerife.
- It has also been the subject of various artistic manifestations, such as painting, poetry and literature.
- The tree has been protected by the Spanish Government since 1917 and is now a national monument.
Icod de los Vinos, which is the town that is home to this wonderful Millenary Dragon Tree, has been awarded the Magical Town of the Year 2023. If you plan to come on vacation to the island, take note of this town in the north of the island of Tenerife.
How old is the drago tree in Icod? What you should do if you go to the of Icod de Los Vinos.
Meet the rules. Look at them on the official pages. In addition, you must avoid damaging the spaces you come across and leaving traces of garbage.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
You will be able to see amateur videos from corners of the island of Tenerife on the channel.
We encourage you to come on vacation to the island of Tenerife, where you can enjoy its beautiful beaches, lush forests, rich history and much more. We are sure that you will not regret your decisión to visit us.